Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd. is the commercial arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science. Yeda holds an exclusive agreement with the Weizmann Institute to commercialize the unique intellectual property developed by the scientists. The income generated serves to support further basic research and science education.
- Identify and assess research projects with commercial potential
- Protect the intellectual property of the Institute and its scientists
- Create business relationships and license the Institute’s inventions and technologies to the industry
- Channel funding from industry to research projects
YEDA IS A MEMBER of ITTN
The Israel Tech Transfer Organization (ITTN) serves as the umbrella organization for Israel’s technology transfer companies. These companies are affiliated with the country’s world-renowned universities and academic research institutions. Currently, the 15 partnering organizations comprise the shareholders. ITTN intends to add more members from Israel’s government-owned medical centers and research institutions. ITTN is a private non-profit organization.
Covers a broad spectrum of the natural sciences, including:
- Agriculture and Plant Genetics, including Bio-fuels
- Chemistry and Nanotechnology
- Environmental Sciences and Solar Energy
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics
- Physics and Electro-Optics
- Research Tools