Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd. is the commercial arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science. Yeda holds an exclusive agreement with the Weizmann Institute to commercialize the unique intellectual property developed by the scientists. The income generated serves to support further basic research and science education.
- Identify and assess research projects with commercial potential.
- Protect the intellectual property of the Institute and its scientists.
- Create business relationships and license the Institute’s inventions and technologies to the industry.
- Channel funding from industry to research projects.
Yeda is a member of ITTN
The Israel Tech Transfer Organization (ITTN) serves as the umbrella organization for Israel’s technology transfer companies. These companies are affiliated with the country’s world-renowned universities and academic research institutions.
- Over 4500 introductions & presentations of WIS Technologies to companies.
- Over 270 presentations of confidential information to interested companies (under signed secrecy agreements).
- Over 80 new license and option agreements signed.
- Over 90 research projects at WIS were funded through Yeda by companies, by the Israeli Office of Chief Scientist and by Yeda itself
- Over 260 patent disclosures submitted by WIS scientists
Covers a broad spectrum of the natural sciences, including:
- Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics
- Bioinformatics, Proteomics, Biomatics & System Biology
- Medical Devices
- Renewable Energy, Bio-fuels, Cleantech and Environmental Sciences
- Agriculture and Plant Genetics, including Bio-fuels
- Chemistry and Nanotechnology
- Physics and Electro-Optics
- Mathematics and Computer Science