Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd ("Yeda") respects your privacy. This policy explains the privacy practices for our website at www.YedaRnD.com ("the Site").
This policy covers, among other things, what personal information we collect from you whether you are a registered user or not, how we use the information, the data obtained automatically when you use the Site or its services and how we retain it.
When you access the Site, address Yeda or register to any of the Site's services that requires registration, your details will be stored on Yeda's systems and they will be used and retained as specified within this policy.
Personal Information we collect
Some of the Site's services require registration. When you register or address Yeda we may ask you to provide personal details such as your name and e-mail address.
The fields for compulsory completion will be explicitly indicated. Please note that you are not under obligation to provide personal data but if you do not wish to provide it you may not be able to register and use the Site's services or features that require registration.
If you just visit the Site and you are not a registered user no more information is collected than is typically collected in server logs by web sites in general such as IP address, your browser etc. Simply visiting the Site, does not expose your identity publicly but please note that your network IP address, depending on your connection, may be traceable.
We may collect information when you use the Site. For example, we may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Site, the duration of your sessions, your topics of interest, links that you click on, the Internet protocol (IP) address that serves you to access the Site and the geographic location from where you logged-in. We automatically gather this information, through the use of log files. If you are registered user, the information we gather may be anonymous or in some instances personally identifiable. If you are not a registered user, yet accessed the site, we will not knowingly collect any information which may personally identify you.
Further information may be collected when we exchange communications with you.
Usage of Personal Information
We will use personally identifiable information for the following purposes only:
- To enable you to use the Site;
- To allow you to access and use saved information searches you previously conducted and to adjust the Site to your personal preferences;
- To facilitate the display of information and advertisements pertaining to products and services which might interest you;
- To provide you from time to time with information pertaining to Yeda or WIS;
- To contact you as and when we believe it to be necessary;
- To any other purpose, as stipulated in this Policy, or in the Terms.
- Subject to your prior registration to update services, to send you by e-mail, RSS feed or by other means of electronic communication that enable electronic messages, from time to time, information pertaining to our Services, as well as marketing and advertising material, whether ours or others (In any case, we will not share your personal details with any advertisers, without your explicit consent).**
** You may withdraw your consent at any time and cease receiving marketing material of this kind, by addressing Yeda in writing at the following address: Yeda Research and Development Co. Ltd, Technology Transfer from Weizmann Institute of Science, P.O. Box 95, Rehovot 76100, Israel (or by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that the processing a withdraw notice takes up to three working days.
Usage of Anonymous Information
We may use anonymous information for the proper operation and function of the Site to improve its content and services. We may share such information with others, provided that it does not identify you personally.
Sharing and disclosing information
We may share personally identifiable information with others in any of the following instances:
- If we reasonably believe that you have breached the Terms or abused the Site;
- If by using the Site, you perform or attempt to perform any activity which we may reasonably believe to be illegal;
- If we are required by law to do so;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between Yeda or WIS and you;
- In any case where we may reasonably believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent damage;
Cookies are packets of information sent by the Site's servers through your web browser to your hard drive to enable the Site recognize your browser when you access the Sites servers and to provide features such as personalized information, previous searches "technology briefcase" etc. The Site utilizes cookies and in order to use all or some of its service or features you must enable cookies in your web browser.
Some of the Cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to block or delete our cookies, you may do so using your browser tools. You can read your browser's Help file of for further information.
We use reasonable measures and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. We therefore do not guarantee that the Site and our databases shall be immune from any wrongdoings and malfunctions.
Right of Access to the Data
You are entitled to access all personal information relating to you stored at Yeda's databases. The actual way that you'll be able to exercise you’re right will be set by Yeda from time to time in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Protection Ordinance (Terms For Access Data And Procedures in Appeal Over Refusal to Enable Access Request) (1981).
In case that you'll encounter wrong information, or in case that you'll be under the impression that certain details are incorrect you may ask for its correction or removal.
In case that you access request or correction or erase request will be rejected you may appeal to court in accordance with the provisions of the above mentioned ordinance.